Sunday, January 1, 2012

This Year I Will Read


I'm really looking forward to this year. 2011 has been full of challenges I haven't had to deal with before, and while I hope I learned from them and became better, I don't want to go through it again! However, one bright part of 2011 was all the books I got to read. I had more free time than I anticipated, and surpassed my goal of reading 100 books in a year. I so enjoyed reading new books, "meeting" new authors, and writing a few book reviews. I've become a weekly visitor at our local library, and the library bookstore, and for Christmas my husband gave me a membership to the Friends of the Library!

As the new year revs up, I'm making more reading goals. Even though I anticipate being busier this year, I'm still planning on setting a goal of more than 100 books for 2012. I'm so looking forward to reading some of the books on my "to be read" shelf, as well as new books & authors I don't know about yet. I'm planning on writing more book reviews, and enjoying my book choices.

Since reading is maybe the only thing I do just for me, I'm not going to put a lot of rules on my reading goal. In fact, other than trying to reach my goal, there will be no rules. If there's a really great book I'm in the mood to re-read, I'm gonna do it. If it's a young adult book instead of a classic, and I feel like reading it, I'm gonna do it. If I read a really great, make-you-think book, then feel like reading a "brain candy" book that takes no concentration and is just fun, then by George, I'm going to read it! I'm absolutely going to enjoy my year of reading!

The reading goal I set last New Year was one of the few "resolutions" I've set and kept, and totally enjoyed keeping! I intend to enjoy this resolution just as much!

I hope you make meaningful resolutions for yourself this year, and no matter how big or small, if those resolutions make you feel good, make you happy, and is something you enjoy, I think you'll have no trouble keeping them!

No comments: