Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tattoos and other things

I follow several blogs, and spend an undetermined amount of time reading them each day. I read this blog post today, and it made me go to Google Images and do a search of my own, so, here's the original blog I read, and then below, my contribution on the subject.

60+ Literary Tattoos: From the Amazing to the 'What Were You Thinking?!'

On a quick note, I am not against tattoos, in fact, in my late 30's I decided to get my very first tattoo. (and second and third). Mine are in places where unless I show them to you, you wouldn't know I had them, and I put thought into each one. So far, I have not regretted any of them. Have to wonder if at some point, some of these people will look back and say, "Maybe that wasn't my best moment", or "Maybe I should have put that somewhere else." It's also possible that they will say, "Dude, look at this tat! It rocks! Best. Decision. Ever.". :)



I'm a little bored, do you mind if I borrow your leg and a marker while we are waiting on our table to be ready?



I can't say that I've ever loved a comic this much. If I did though, I would end up with Far Side or Calvin and Hobbes. And I can assure you, it wouldn't be pretty.




I love books, adore reading, and will spend all my money on them, then later I'll wonder why I'm hungry and there is no food in my house. But, I'd rather just tell you that - it's cheaper and it hurts less.



I would only consider this if I had a written contract that it would provide me with books for life from Penguin Publishing.



While my daughter and I enjoy sharing Harold and the Purple Crayon books, getting a tattoo of good ol' Harold is not something either of us are inclined to do.



Wouldn't it be easier to use google or wikipedia? Or just carry around an Ayn Rand book for reference?



Because the movie wasn't creepy enough...

And the last tattoo of the day....



Because this guy has a great sense of humor!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I was thinking of Calvin and Hobbes, too. I love C&H! Not sure if I love it enough to inspire a tattoo, though. But still, that would be my comic of choice.

That shark tattoo is awesome. :)

Thanks for linking to my post!