Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Daughter's Art

I have to tell you, creativity has never been my strong suit.  I'm not an artist, not a musician, not crafty, and I don't find things in the dumpster and make them look like I bought them from Neiman-Marcus.  The best I can do is color in the lines.  And that's on a good day.  However, my daughter seems to have inherited my mother's art gene, and is a crafty, artsy, fashionista little thing!  (Don't tell her I called her little - she's counting down the four months between her and her 9th birthday!)

As a proud mom, and admittedly partial, I want to share some of her art work.  Her art teacher is fantastic, and I'm pretty sure Art is on her top 2 list of "Favorite Classes at School".  Even her most simplistic art I cannot duplicate without the use of a scanner and/or camera.  Most of these are self-explanatory.



Personally I like cows with symmetrical spots on their legs.




The detail work on the Owl is done with black paint & glue mixed to give it a touchable texture of feathers.





This little guy is one of my favorites - it's done in chalk.



She told me that this one was created by putting heavy spots of paint at the top of the vase, then turning the picture upside down to let the paint run.


This is a "wallpaper" background, and tile counter under a fish aquarium.


More detail on the aquarium.  You can see little white bubbly-looking spots in the "water".  This is salt put on wet paint, and the salt dissolves into the paint leaving the water bubbles.

This is her most recent work - a clay bird bath.  



I should probably re-title this post to "My Daughter is 8, and a Far Better Artist Than I'll Ever Be".


No comments: