Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"The Love Dare" - Day 16


Again I find myself doing two posts in one evening to keep up! Like I mentioned, one of my prayers is that I can be a bigger contributor to our family financially to help relieve some of my unselfish husband's burdens. I also pray for his daily strength, both physically and mentally for work. I know he is so busy some days he doesn't know which way is up or where to start on his to-do list.

Tomorrow's challenge....

Day 17: Love promotes intimacy

He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends.

—Proverbs 17:9 NIV

TODAY’S DARE

Determine to guard your mate’s secrets (unless they are dangerous to them or to you) and to pray for them. Talk with your spouse, and resolve to demonstrate love in spite of these issues. Really listen to them when they share personal thoughts and struggles with you. Make them feel safe.


I will work on really listening when he chooses to share something with me, even if I'm in the middle of something (like a book ,where it's hard to tear my attention away for almost anything), or even if its not of particular interest to me (like the temperature of the water he froze himself in when he chose to throw himself 85 feet deep in the lake attached to a scuba tank!) :) I love that he has hobbies and contributes to the community, even if it's not in an area I choose to participate in, but true love should demonstrate that if its important to him, it's important to me, if only for the reason that he finds it important.

1 comment:

Hopeless Romantic said...

If you like Nicholas Sparks, take my poll and checkout my blog! (: