Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Spine After Spine


One of my New Year's Resolutions for this year was to read more, in fact, my goal is to read 100 books this year. I have taken advantage of online tracking systems such as GoodReads and Book Tracker (an app on Facebook). I'm doing pretty good so far, although it's a little more than half way through the year, I'm on book #51 right now! It's a fun little book called "alphabet weekends" by Elizabeth Noble.

I get a daily e-newsletter called "Shelf Awareness for Readers", which previews book store news, authors, new books, book lists, etc. It's also a great place to find drawings for ARC/Galley books! I found a great book listed in the e-newsletter today, called "Tolstoy and the Purple Chair". It's a book written by Nina Sankovich, who also writes the blog, "Read All Day". After losing her sister, she turns to books for "comfort, escape, and introspection". She vows to read a book a day, and, if that weren't a big enough accomplishment, she vows not only to read it, but to also blog about it! This book is about her journey through the books and the blog, and her life without her sister.

I have not yet read this book, however I now have it on my "must read" list, and would love to follow her example by blogging about the books I am reading, so after I finish "alphabet weekend", I will blog about it, and the books (49 more of them this year) that will follow it!

Now my biggest challenge will be to determine what to read next! :)

No comments: