Monday, December 21, 2009

"The Love Dare" - Day 14


This evening didn't quite go as planned. With the hubby on vacation, his schedule is quite a bit more flexible than mine. Instead of getting to spend time with him voluntarily watching football, he went to the gym and I spent that time helping my little heart clean out from under her bed and in her closet. If that's not enough to make someone frustrated, well....it IS enough to make someone frustrated! So, I didn't get to spend time with my honey this evening, although I did call to check in on his relaxing day.

Day 15: Love is honorable

Live with your wives in an understanding way . . . and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life.

—1 Peter 3:7

TODAY’S DARE

Choose a way to show honor and respect to your spouse that is above your normal routine. It may be holding the door for her. It might be putting his clothes away for him. It may be the way you listen and speak in your communication. Show your mate that he or she is highly esteemed in your eyes.


The timing of this challenge is fortuitous. I don't have to try hard for my spouse to be highly esteemed in my eyes. I may have to work on getting that across to him, but it's not hard to feel that way about him. He proves every day that he loves this family, all of us, all of me, my quirks and annoying habits, and he just loves us and is happy we are a family. I'm proud of him, so tomorrow I am going to work extra hard in letting him know that.

No comments: